Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bright Planet Doily

Yay me!! I finally made a doily.  I used to crank ‘em out right and left.  At this point in time it was July that I last made a doily.  Talk about withdrawal!!  So Monday afternoon I started this doily and by last evening (Wednesday) I had this one finished. Oh what a wonderful feeling!  :D For this doily I used citrus colors. Think lemons, limes, oranges and pink grapefruit! I really like how it turned out, too.  :)  I have *so much* yarn and thread that I have made a vow to myself to use up as much of it this year that I can.  I know I can’t use it all…I just have too much.  But I am hoping to put a dent in it.  Wish me luck!  LOL  And, as always, thanks for checking out my blog.  I appreciate it!IMG_7621-1

IMG_7621-2

14 comments:

  1. It is just gorgeous! Wonderful colors..Very spring feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful - I love all the pretty colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, this is gorgeous ... I love it! Can you tell me where the pattern is from. Hope you don't mind, but I would love the copy the color combos. I'm also trying to crochet just from stash and yes, it will take this year and probably more. So far I haven't purchased any new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria. Have fun using your stash! :) I sorted my yarn a few wks. ago and my goodness, I didn't realize I had so much of it! :O

      Delete
  4. Very, very nice. I like the look of the colors--so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..this is really pretty..nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The colors in your stash worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi How are you ? i'm handing out awards pop over to my blog to claim it, thankyou,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your doily!!!.. But as for using up yarn and scraps? I THOUGHT that this is what I'd be doing on the wool-eater afghan. What a total misunderstanding THAT was, right?! I think I'm just buying MORE yarn, and making MORE scraps! (0; But that's o.k., I guess, as long as I can manage to keep them neat and in order, somewhere in their place; then I'm SURE I will use them... Enjoy your day, and have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya! I need to remember that the afghans which are best for using up scraps are the ones that are made in rows of the same size...not rounds that keep getting bigger and bigger! ;D

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for your kind words, everybody. I really do appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que bonito!!!unos colores preciosos, te felicito un trabajo maravilloso.
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete