Saturday, March 22, 2014

Excellence Doily ~ Done in Variegated Brights & White

Hello all, and happy weekend to you!  Hope you’re having a nice one!  I’ve been to the chiropractor twice this week, so am sitting here at the computer with moist heat on my back.  Figured this was as good a time as any to do a blog post.  <smile> 

This doily is my most recent crocheted item.  I love the vibrant colors used in it…but I do not love that the yellow variegated bled into the white.  <sigh> This was another of my projects where I was using partial balls of thread.

SAM_1107-001

SAM_1108-001

Also wanted to share my good news with you all.  My aunt was here last Saturday and took over 20 of my doilies to her shop to sell on consignment. She mostly sells vintage items, but she thinks my doilies will sell well, so we’re giving it a shot! She also gave me a whole box of Work Basket magazines. I only found a few doilies in them that I think I’d like to crochet, but they were fun to look through.

10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Rita - I love the variegates added in. Best wishes on selling all of your doilies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the yellow! Good luck with selling; I can't seem to do it! :-( Hope your back gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! I'll be surprised if any...or many...doilies sell, but I figure they might as well be on display in her store. Otherwise they are living in pizza boxes in my craft room. ;) lol

      Delete
  3. I don't notice any yellow bleeding at all in the new doily. The whole thing's just so darned pretty! I don't doubt for a minute you'll sell some pieces. New or not, classic crafts fit perfectly into the "vintage" crowd's taste.

    You lucky woman! I inherited a boatload of 60s and 70s era The Workbasket a year ago--what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful doily!.. And hope your back feels better soon! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina, on both accounts! :) The heating pad is my friend again today. I keep hoping my back straightens itself out. Otherwise I'll be going back to the chiropractor.

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful doily!! Fingers crossed for the sale and I hope your back gets better soon :-)
    Have a lovely day - Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nata! :) Still working on getting my back to behave itself...but I shall persevere. :)

      Delete