Monday, March 3, 2014

Two New Doilies

Hope this finds you doing well and enjoying life!  It is still cold and wintery here, but as long as I have my electricity and water, I am good to go. We’ve been fortunate this winter and haven’t lost our electricity for long amounts of time.  I am quite thankful for that! 

Anyhoo, thought I’d share these two big doilies I made.  The first one is called High Noon and is from a Decorative Crochet magazine.  I don’t recall which one, and am too lazy to get up and go look.  Sorry.  If I get up the nerve, I am thinking about entering this one in the Fair this year.  I keep wanting to do so, but have yet to work up the nerve.

I wish I had a better picture of it, but the weather was dreary and this is the best pic I could come up with.

SAM_0816-001

This doily is called Venetian Gondolas and is from Decorative Crochet #41. I changed the last row of it as I was getting burned out on the thing.  There are a couple mistakes in it, but so be it.  The first one I ripped out and redid it, but the other two I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with.  I figure a person has to look pretty closely to see them. Normally I am not one to leave mistakes in my work.  So you know I was getting burned out on the thing. Too much counting to keep track of, I guess. LOL

SAM_0853-001

Thanks for checking out my blog, and enjoy your day! I’ve been working on something else that I will be sharing before too long.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful doilies Rita. I think you should enter your doily in the Fair - I bet you'll win a blue ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Rita! Love them both! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I wish they still published this magazine along with Magic Crochet! Don't worry about the errors...."normal" people can't tell! :-) Aren't you glad to know that crocheters are not normal people? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling you with the getting burnt out with filet...it is some boring crochet work..beautiful work though. My thread eater is filet and I am so thinking about finding a place and calling it done...I am not even going to look for your mistake..if you can't see it really quick then it isn't there. And yes you should enter your work in fairs and such. I have always wanted to, but then the idea of being judged scares the crap out of me. (Like those people really know thread crochet?) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're both beautiful-I can't see any mistakes at all! I think the first one should definitely be entered in the Fair-it's so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both doilies look beautiful !!:) my favourite is the first one. All the best for the fair !!

    ReplyDelete