Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Magic Crochet Potholders

I know these things have been around “forever”, but in my 39 years of crocheting I had never made any…up until now.  Turns out they are super fun, and super easy to make!  The only problem I had…if ya want to call it that…was that some came out square and some came out rectangular. On some of them I discovered if I just kept crocheting they’d come out square.  But on others that wasn’t the case.  I’m guessing it has something to do with tension.  Regardless, I like them both square and rectangular. 

SAM_0882-001

SAM_0889-001

SAM_0884-001

If you’d like to make some magic potholders of your own, CLICK HERE. If the link doesn’t work for you, just do a Google search for “magic crocheted potholders”, and you shouldn’t have any trouble finding the pattern, or help, that you need.

Enjoy your day!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Rita! Love them. Thanks for the link. Love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your magic crocheted potholders all look nice - I especially like the blues and white one. Your new blog look is very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your potholders look very pretty, Rita!! :) thanks for the link!!
    I don't use potholders,if I make, I will use it for decor purpose.
    Your new blog look is very nice!! I am also thinking of changing the header image for my blog but it's just in plans and dreams as of now ...haven't gathered time and courage to take the risk;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look :-)

    These are very pretty, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! Glad you like my new blog look. For some reason I am in a pink mood lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Length of chain and size of hook matter; I was babysitting today and made a 'scrappy' potholder that's going to be square, but somewhat smaller than I like. My daughter has small hands, so she may be OK with it. If you ever come upon vintage Aunt Lydia's rug yarn (rayon), it is wonderful for a somewhat thicker potholder. Occasionally it turns up at rummage sales or in thrift shops. The hook size and chain length are probably different for Aunt Lydia's yarn, but I have seen instructions online.

    ReplyDelete