Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Diamond Shell Afghan

After my post last week where I was whining about starting several different projects and not sticking with any of them…this is what I ended up making.  I bought a book of crochet stitch patterns at a yard sale a long time ago.  Paid a quarter for it, and let me tell you it has been well worth the .25 I paid. It is called A Treasury of Crochet Patterns by Liz Blackwell, copyright 1971. I looked through this book and decided on a stitch pattern that I thought would look pretty done in various solid colors.  This is what I came up with. It’s a small afghan.  I suppose it could be called a lapghan, or could be used for a child. I enjoyed making it, and working with all the pretty colors. For the edging I simply did two rows of sc and then one row of shell (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) and sc.

IMG_1482

Some close-up shots of the pattern stitch.  The book doesn’t have names for the stitches, just numbers.  I’m calling this my Diamond Shell afghan as the pattern stitch reminds me of diamonds. :)

IMG_1488

IMG_1489

IMG_1493

This next picture shows you a close-up of the edging.

IMG_1491

As always, thanks for looking.  I appreciate it.  :)

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty Rita, the colors are wonderful. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - it's very pretty. Looks like rows of little Easter eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty. I love all of the things you crochet, they're so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everybody. :) It was a fun little afghan to make. And Olivia...I was able to crochet over the ends of the yarn when I did the edging. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautifully! I really love the whole way it came together - yarn, stitching - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and colorful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love it! Very colorful, and the stitch is neat looking! They almost look like eggs :)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete