Debi Y., over at Crochet, Crafts & Gardening, has been so kind as to present to my blog the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks, Debi Y., I am so happy to know that somebody is enjoying my blog. :D
To accept this award, I need to tell you a few things about myself...so here goes:
1) I am 47 years old...will be 48 in just a couple of months. As the name of my blog implies, I am a Gramma and my name is Rita. :D I have a grandson who will be 4 next month, and a granddaughter who will be 2 next month. They are growing so fast. I enjoy every moment I have with them. They are the lights of my life. (My kids are OK too! LOL)
2) I have always been a SAHM/SAHW. I have a couple of medical problems that would make it very difficult to hold a job outside the home. Rather than let my troubles get me down, I try to stay positive and see the good in life. There are always good things to see. Always. :)
3) Like Debi Y., I do not know how to swim. And I'm pretty sure I am never going to learn. I am too afraid of the water to even try to learn. You do not want to ride in a canoe with me down a river...all I do is scream. Just ask some of Rick's relatives. LOL I am happy that my children learned how to swim, though, as I think it is a good thing to know.
4) I am scared to death of snakes and lightning. I have had two very close calls with lightning...thus my fear of it. Snakes just totally freak me out. I am not sure how I developed my fear of snakes...it's just always been that way. Seriously, if there were no snakes I could enjoy spring, summer and fall much more than I do. -sigh- They're just so slithery, sneaky and scary looking. :O
5) I am such a country person. I've always lived in the country. Other than the snakes (ahem...) I absolutely love living in the country. I will drive in small towns, but that's about it. That leads me to another fact about myself...
6) I am a major homebody. Really...I can be home for weeks on end and I do not get "cabin fever". People think I am "nuts" because of this, but I can assure you I am a sane person. Honest, I am. :D
7) One of my favorite pastimes is taking pictures. I love taking pictures of my grandchildren, nature, animals, birds, etc. Love, love, love it! :D This weekend should present some wonderful photo ops, so I am really excited. :D
And now I'd like to pass this award on to a couple of my favorite blogs. If you don't participate in awards, that is fine...just want you to know I enjoy your blogs. :)
1) Vintage at the Corner House
2) Bella Crochet
3) Doting on Doilies