Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Living Room Redo

There isn't much crochet in this post, but I wanted to share these things anyway. I've been wanting to give my living room a little makeover for many months now, and finally this week decided it was time to do so. I had some sewing I needed to do, and I have to be in just the right mood to sew. I seem to have very little patience for it. LOL

First thing I did was redo a couple flower arrangements. I love color, and wanted to incorporate as much color into the living room as I could.

Then I set to work sewing new curtains for the living room. I would rather have had something with a non-white background since the walls are white, but I could never find anything to suit me. I did back the curtains with blue to help keep more light out when need be. You will also see a pillow I crocheted. I made this pillow months ago in anticipation of this change. LOL

Today I made some throw pillows using a vintage chenille bedspread. I saw the idea online somewhere. I can't say where because I didn't bookmark it...just filed it in my memory. When I saw it I knew I had to try it for myself. What a wonderful way to use a bedspread that otherwise was just hidden away in a closet.
I will probably be adding a few more touches, here and there, throughout the living room, but for now am pleased with how things are looking. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the pillows! They are perfect for your living room!

    ReplyDelete