Monday, April 20, 2015

Saturday Fun & a Doily

Hello all!  Hope you had a lovely weekend and are off to a great start for this week!  My son-in-law and oldest grandson went up north to fish over the weekend, so my daughter and the other two grandkids came here to visit on Saturday.  We ended up going out for pizza that evening, and found a couple of playgrounds for the kids to play at.  They had a blast! 

This first pictures is of me, Lawson and Adelyn posing by one of the many groundhog statues that are situated around Punxsutawney. Lawson wanted no part of the thing, but I convinced him to let me pick him up, and we would stand away from the groundhog. You can see by the pic that he is none too impressed. lol  This particular groundhog was painted by children, in a nature theme. Each groundhog around town is painted in a different theme.

IMG_9363-002

Adelyn had fun swinging and going down slides.

IMG_9320-002

I took this pic of Lawson just before he plopped down to go down the slide.  He was being such a big boy.  When he started out he was careful of the little slides, but before long he was going down the bigger slides like a pro!

IMG_9429-001

Also wanted to share my latest doily project.  This is Doily #5 from Patricia Kristofferson’s Pineapple Gallery book. For years I avoided her patterns because they made my head spin, but I’m finding that if I just go little chunks at a time, I’m OK.  I just wish my eyes didn’t blur up on me so quickly.  But that’s not because of he patterns.  I’m guessing it’s because I’m 51. lol  Anyhoo, without further ado, here’s my doily:

IMG_1024-001

IMG_1022-001

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day with your beautiful grandchildren. I thought that statue was Garfield when I first looked at it. Your doily is, of course, beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily is very beautiful !! :) love the way you have used two colors .
    Nice to see you enjoy with your grandchildren:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day for grandma and grandkids! Love the colors of your doily. I have trouble with PK's doily patterns also, but they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute grandkids you have! Your doily is gorgeous! Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete