I've been wanting to make a quilt, for myself, using vintage squares, for a long time. I finally managed to accomplish it! :) Bought vintage sheets @ Good Will and bought the backing sheet from Etsy. I love that sheet! Rick and I had one, until last year, that we had received for a wedding present. :)
This is what I started out with last Monday. A pile of sheets and some gumption to start tearing strips of material and cut a bunch of 9 inch squares.
A nice pile of 9” squares.
On Tuesday, I had a major fight with my brand new sewing machine. I won’t go into all the details, but suffice it to say I was verrrrry upset and frustrated with the thing. Thankfully, on Wednesday, I was able to get it to cooperate…and this is the end result of that day.
During the course of the next few days, this is what transpired. I am thrilled with the results!
And some close up shots of both:
And in case you’re wondering…there is no middle layer. I am hot pretty much all of the time. So I generally just cover up with a sheet folded in half. Figure this will be the same thickness, but look a lot prettier! :D