Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Patchwork Afghan

This is my latest crochet endeavor, and I must say it was an enjoyable one. So much so that I am planning on making another one or two.  Figure I can use some leftover yarns with this pattern.  I got the idea to do this from this blog post.  I’m not sure if I did it exactly as instructed, but whatever I did seemed to work well for me…so I am happy about that.  :)  This afghan is approx. 30”x30”.  I started it Friday evening and finished it late this afternoon.  It worked up quite quickly.  Joining squares this way is perfect for me.  I get too impatient making squares first and then having to join them later.  Joining as you go suits me just fine. :)

For the edging I just did my own thing…a row of dc and then a row of dc with a picot every five stitches.

IMG_6696-1

IMG_6707-2

IMG_6704

3 comments:

  1. Rita, I love the look of this, so bright and happy. Here I go ... got to add this to my to do list. Just have to have one (or two or three as you said!). Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, your work is always beautiful...

    ReplyDelete