Wednesday, March 4, 2015

This and That

I have a little bit of everything to share with you today.  First up is this cute little radish.  Looked like this right out of the bag.  I know, I’m easily entertained! lol

IMG_0537-001

For my soon to be daughter in law’s bridal shower, I am doing a doily basket for one of the prizes.  So, I figured I best get started on it.  I have a few months to get them done, but you know how that goes!  For starters, I made this patriotic colored doily.  I like how it turned out.  For the center, I used this pattern: http://zootyowlcards.blogspot.com/2014/07/bougainvillea-doily-pattern.html and then added to it until it was the size I wanted.

IMG_0599-001

Yesterday was my husband’s 59th birthday, and on Saturday we ate at Texas Roadhouse with our daughter and her three kids.

IMG_0560-001

IMG_0563-001

I had invited our son and his fiancée over for supper last night, on Rick’s birthday.  Just as I was starting to prepare supper, our electric went out.  So those plans got changed real quick.

Adelyn and I had fun in the yarn isle at Hobby Lobby!

IMG_0590-001

At Ross’s I found these pretty glasses.

IMG_0593-001

And at Five Below I found these little chicks for a dollar each.  Couldn’t help myself.  I like chicks when they’re little.  lol  I got two for me, and one for each of the grandkids.

IMG_0603-001

I’ve been doing lots of crochet.  Last week I made this hat. Haven’t decided if I’m going to list it in the shop.

IMG_0606-001

This week I’ve been busy making hats that are going to be Baymax hats, from Big Hero 6.  My daughter and her husband won an afternoon at a movie theatre, and that’s the movie we’ll be seeing for free.  So I figured I’d make the kids some hats.  I have the white hat made, now I need to turn them into Baymax hats.

Until next time, take care, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous and so is your whole family! *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to hubby! Love your doily and the hat.. fun fun! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your hubby !!:)
    I love the pink hat and the chicks too!! The Colored jars look nice too !!
    Your doily is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Love Texas Roadhouse! And Hobby Lobby! Doily looks great.Stay warm and crochet!

    ReplyDelete