Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Variety of Crocheted Goodies

Hello crochet friends!  Hope you’ve all had a good week so far…and that it continues right on through the weekend. I was at my daughter’s house for five days.  Puppy/house sitting, and came back home last evening.  While at her place I got a good bit of crocheting done, and thought I’d share.

First up are these two doilies. On the ecru one I used a charted pattern for the first six or so rows, and then made up the rest myself.  The pastel variegated one is totally my own doing.

SAM_2158-001

SAM_2153-001

I put edgings around two receiving blankets.  These will probably be used as a gift.

SAM_2159-001

I also made this small baby blanket, or it could be used as a doll blanket. The yarn was given to me a while back, and I decided this was a good thing to do with it.  Thank you to the person who gave it to me.  You know who you are. <smile>

SAM_2162-001

Last, but not least, I would like to share my branches with you.  I did this project a couple weeks ago, but am just now getting around to sharing the pics. I had a lot of fun with this…choosing the branches and crocheting the leaves.  I just used hot glue to put them onto the branches.  I bought the little birds and bird nest at Michaels.  Also the colored glass stones that are in the vase.  The vase is a Good Will find. The filet piece underneath it all is one I got at a flea market when Rick and I were on vacation a few weeks ago.  I rescued it for fifty cents!

SAM_2010-001

SAM_2011-001

Well, I hear it thundering once again. I need to go hop in the shower now, in case the electric goes out.  We’ve been having some nasty storms the past week or so.  My son had a maple tree come down in his yard, and has been working at getting it cut up.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. These all are wonderful in their own ways, Rita, but that second doily--!!! It's a complete mystery to me how you got the colors to pool so perfectly in the second ring section. I can't even pick out where the joins are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty. I love pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful crochet work. I especially love the edgings on the receiving blankets. So sweet! I hope you had a lovely time housesitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments. I truly appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty works, super!! My favorite is the baby blanket with the swee bunny :-). Summerly Sunday greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete