Sunday, February 2, 2014

Two New Doilies & 99 Years

Hello All!  Hope this finds you having a good day.  Many folks around here are upset with Punxsutawney Phil because he said there will be six more weeks of winter.  LOL  Yesterday, on our way to Rick’s aunt’s 99th birthday party, we passed through Punxsy, and let me tell you the place was bustling!  It is amazing the people that come from near and far to join in the festivities there.  I guess there were around 30,000 people up at Gobbler’s Knob this morning.  My goodness.  I’ve been there when it wasn’t Groundhog Day and I cannot imagine that many people in such a small area!  Hope they had fun!  Btw, in case you’re wondering, I live about 15 miles from Punxsy.  As a child I lived about 10 miles from Punxsy and went to school there.

Now then, to the subject line. The two new doilies I’d like to share with you.  The first is called Sunset Doily and the pattern can be found in the February 2014 issue of Crochet World magazine. At first I wasn’t sure I wanted to make it because of the trtr stitches, but they’re not as cumbersome as I had anticipated.  The doily actually worked up quite quickly.

SAM_0611-001

SAM_0613-001

This next doily is called Making Waves and is from Decorative Crochet #8.  Rick got me the magazine at a flea market last summer!

SAM_0635-001

SAM_0636-001

Here is a picture of my husband’s aunt, who recently turned 99, and me. Excuse the blurriness and the fact that I still have my coat on.  Sure wish I would have taken it off before Rick took the picture.  Not sure what I was thinking!

SAM_0621-002

10 comments:

  1. Would like patterns. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, due to copyright laws, I cannot share the pattern with you. But I did mention, in my post, where each pattern can be found. :)

      Delete
  2. Both doilies look very pretty!! Sunset looks amazing, trtr effort was worth doing:) nice picture of both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of the doilies are just beautiful. A very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to Rick's Aunt - she looks lovely, and so do you - it's nice to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi. :) Aunt Norma sure does look good for 99, doesn't she? :)

      Delete
  4. I saw that doily in crochet world..didn't think too much of it, but I think yours looks nicer than theirs..i like it. I am going to have to be looking for the decorative crochet magazines..I think that I have been missing out on some real beauties. Yours looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good reason to subscribe to Crochet World magazine! Beautiful!
    Hope I make it to 99!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Charlotte, I have to say I am impressed that lately CW is publishing more doily patterns. Apparently they have finally listened to some of us subscribers. :)

      Delete